What's On Your Table: To submit your work, please send up to 8 pics to natfka@live.com


Hi Natfka
Well I can only imagine that your inbox is about ready to burst with the influx of stuff people are sending you.
I have heard the call to arms and I have a couple of things for you to add here, they might not be finished but you get the idea.

Imperil Cargo shuttle:
First off is the cargo shuttle. I got a load of cargo containers at salute this year as I felt they would make for really nice LOS blocking terrain.
This then got me to thinking about how they would be transported around the place and to/from the planet and so on and I came up with this cargo shuttle idea. I am very lucky to have a friend who can get stuff laser cut for me so I based most of it on 4mm MDF with a few parts to get 3D printed like the engines and cockpit internals (yet to be printed). Well as you can see I got the main body cut but there is a lot of gap filling still to do.
I have two built and waiting for the 3D parts, the plan is to have one landed with the other in mid-air dropping off supplies with cables.
All in all, they will mainly just be terrain but I can always come up with interesting ways to use them in the game.

Tau walkers:
Next up we have my Tau super heavy defence drone,
I have been playing around with this idea in my head for years and really nice I can get him started. Again lots of little bits extra need to be created such as they hydraulic pipes.
This chap is kind of the Tau equivalent of an imperial shadowsword in stats.
The background is they basically sit around in a concealed location on standby near to an outpost and other isolated locations. When a threat is detected they activate and along with swarms of drone’s act as a first line of defence to engage and at the very least hold up any attacking force long enough for the main Tau forces to muster and civilians to evacuate.
Imagine the attackers face thinking they are taking on an isolated Tau outpost only to have something like this come out of the blue and hit them hard.

The main body is an old garden solar light.
I got about 3 of these chaps to build and when my life is a little less hectic I plan to sit down and really go to down on them.
I will probably never get to use them much but they are going to be lots of fun for a big themed apoc game I am sure.

Hope this helps inspire some of you chaps to have a bash at making some of your bits J

All the best
Alex












 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...