Hey everyone, Reecius here to share some experiences with the new Dark Angels in practice!


I must say, they've exceeded my expectations! I felt that they would be good, but you need to play a new army to really get a feel for it. We broadcast the game live on our Twitch Channel, for anyone that is interested in watching. Every Tuesday and Thursday night, at 7:00pm PST.


The Black Knights, as expected, were extremely powerful. They have a combination of speed, firepower, melee ability and special rules that make them a cornerstone unit, and one I expect to see in most DA lists. I ran mine in a unit of 6 a s a command squad, for the added benefit of the Apothecary, and with an Interrogator Chappy on a bike to grant them Fearless and Zealot, in addition to providing a few tank wounds. I was very pleased with the combo.


I teamed them up with the Ravenwing Support Formation which really proved to be excellent. Again, they exceeded my expectations. I thought it would be solid on paper, but it was better even than I had hoped. The 3 Typhoons with the Darkshroud was such a great combo, with rerollable Jinks on the unit, plus stealth and the buff to nearby units, they proved to be ultra durable. Their firepower was excellent, too! I was happy to put my Typhoons on the table, again. I think the added benefits of Interceptor and being able to deny the enemy overwatch, will be incredibly useful in some match ups.
I had a base of Scouts as my troops, and the little buggers kicked some butt! I have always enjoyed playing Scout bases lists and in this edition, they really outshine most other troop choices by a mile. The improvement to WS/BS4 on Scouts in general (sorry, BA!) is such a big boost!


I also through in a unit of Deathwing just to use the iconic Terminators. They are certainly better, but still not what I would call great, unfortunately. They performed well for me, but I could see them really struggling in certain missions. However, with the benefits gained from Grim Resolve, Deathwing and their Ravenwing buddies, I think they can find a place in many lists.

I am also looking forward to trying them out as allies with Astra Militarum and Skitarii, who I think will blend with them extremely well.


So far, I am really enjoying Dark Angels and I think they will be a big hit with both casual and competitive players. My only strong complaint is their lack of AA, but that is easily remedied with allies.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...