What's On Your Table tonight starts off with a gaming table by Aaron. Its solid and looks nice, with plenty of storage space beneath.


Despite not having done a lot of modeling or painting lately, I realized I have been working on something I could share.  I have been wanting to build a Gaming Table for over a year and I finally got around to assembling it last weekend with my Father.  

The table is 8 foot by 4 foot to allow for a playing surface with an extra foot at each end for rolling dice, keeping reference papers, laying rule books, and holding reserves during play. The table also has a 3/8 inch lip around the edge of the table to keep modular playing boards from moving/sliding.  The playing surface is oak plywood, the side boards are finished pine, and the bottom shelf is grade A pine plywood.

The bottom shelf is for storing terrain and measures 3 feet by 7 feet. 

The plywood surfaces have been reinforced with 2 inch by 3 inch boards framing the undersides frames with 3 cross supports.  

The table is built on 4 inch by inch legs, which turned out very sturdy and level.  The legs are attached to the top and bottom shelf via carriage bolts so I can disassemble it (table top, bottom shelf, and legs) if I need to move it.

I'm currently in the process of sanding the screw holes I filled with wood filler.  In the pictures above you can see the holes I have filled that have not been sanded.  In the picture below you can see a hole that I have sanded on the top.  

Once I have finished sanding, I will be staining the top, side boards, and bottom shelf a cherry color before applying a few coats of satin polyurethane to protect it.  I still have not figured out what I'm going to do with the legs or visible frame on the bottom shelf.

This is my first woodworking project in a long time.  However, I have only made a few mistakes so far and I have been able to cover them up or fix them.

Thanks,
Aaron







What's on your table is an opportunity for readers to share what they are working on. Conversions, painting, batreps, even side home brew projects. If you want to Share "What's On Your Table". Please no more than 8 pics, send your project to natfka@live.com. If for any reason you do not want your name used, please say so.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...