I am sure most of us have had it happen. There is nothing worse than those brief moments, when our treasured fragile model is falling from your hands/table and on its way down to crash onto the floor. Its even worse when you know that the flooring is wood or tile, and there is nothing but divine intervention that can save your model now.

Well, this is how I spent a couple nights ago, trying to put back together one of my raiders that hit the wood floors and became a fragmented pile of pieces. And yes, the old raider base broke at its stem. These bases just do not age well, and these are literally from 1996 making them 17 years old. 

I spent far too much time reassembling and gluing this guy back into place. You can see from the picture, that I was trying (successfully I might add) to salvage the base stem by glue and propping it into place with whatever I could fit underneath it. The break was just course enough to get a good hold on it, but it needed a night of setting just to be sure it was going to work out.

Now this is not as bad as an old school metal Talos and these fragile bases, but it was bad enough. I still have a lot of models to get done for Valhalla, and hiccups like this are just not needed.

I know every single one of you veterans out there have had nights like this one.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...