This week really was a recap of last weekends Games Day Chicago. Forge World had a ton of releases, from Contemptor Dreadnaughts to the Dark Eldar Tantalus, they showed us an amazing release of models coming our way. Of course I can't pass up some of the best GW models to date I've seen, the leaks for the Ogre Kingdoms.

Presence of Faeit is a weekly editorial by myself. I generally report during the week what is going on, and today is my day to comment on what exactly it is that I am thinking of.



Games Day
I really wished Games Workshop would take a que from Forgeworld, and show us tons of new stuff at the Games Days. It would definitely increase traffic. When the Dark Eldar came out and model pics were released at Games Day, it was like every single person around the world the glued to their computer chairs looking for any new angle of pic to see the new models. This is what I would like to see at Games Days for Games Workshop.

Even if they simply displayed the new upcoming releases (that we have not seen) of finecast. Give us something exciting GW. Please, like a tantalizing sketch of a necron model?

Forgeworld showed us some pretty tight models. That Tantalus is an amazing model. Will I end up with it?, probably not. While cool, its not really something I would be able to use enough, so it would sit in my case at home and do nothing.

The Contemptor Dreadnaughts on the other hand, heavily remind me of a friend of mines first edition dreadnaughts. They are pretty dang cool, and fielding them would be a lot of fun.

Ogre Kingdom Leaks
Are these Forgeworld models? Well from the pics we have seen of them this week, they are as finely detailed as forgeworld releases. They look amazing, and if this level of sculpting is the future of GW, then count me in.

Ogre Kingdoms might just be the next Fantasy Codex I pick up. The problem is still, are there enough Fantasy players to get games in, but Ogre Kingdom models are exquisite. Something this nice, might just be good enough to get an army to showcase.

Grey Knights
The Grey Knight codex fits me like a glove in play style. In fact it goes beyond that, its a beautiful army to play on the field. I am not talking in appearance, but in the feel of it. More than likely I will be going through this codex in more detail at a later date, but now on to what I do not like about them.

The models. I absolutely do not like the standard grey knights. The models are nicely detailed, but the creativity of them on pretty low. It is nice that you have to simply buy one box to create so many different types of units, but come on, the Blood Angel sprues were so much nicer. A death company sprue is an amazing work, while the grey knight one is rather eh.

Second is the problem putting them together. They take more work than cleaning up a citadel finecast model. The Arms rarely go on except at just the right pose, unless you spend tons of work triming and cutting the models.

I am not the best modeler, so perhaps that is where the problem falls, but as of this moment, I hate putting together Grey Knights. You have to find the exact pose the sculptor intended, or you are in for some difficult work. That being said, I will still buy lots of these.

Ard Boyz
I really do not know what I will be playing this time around. I now have three viable options for the tournament. Grey Knights, Dark Eldar, and Imperial Guard. Its kind of a toss up. I do not have much more to get ready for my dark eldar, and this week I think I could easily finish them up. I will get a couple games in this week, so perhaps my Grey Knights will get in a few practice games to see how they look on the field.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...