About a week and a half ago, someone glimpsed what is thought to be a Necron Spyder on its sprue. Our source on this has sat back and reflected upon what he saw, and made some comparisons. He added a little bit of detail yesterday, but beyond that this doesnt add much in terms of what we will be hopefully be seeing down the road towards the end of the year.

via SK5556838528
It was definitely a Tomb Spyder, on a plastic sprue in two parts (i.e. two sprues). I wasn't meant to see it, but I don't want to get the person responsible in trouble by saying the exact circumstances. Like I said, it should be obvious enough anyway. I caught enough of a glimpse to recognise individual parts.

I can't be entirely sure how the model fits together, but afterwards I went and had a look at the current metal Spyder, and I'm certain that the new one is substantially bigger just from the body bits. I think saying it was the same size as a rhino might err on the side of exaggeration, but imagine the volume rather than the mass of a rhino and that's what I'm picturing the bits would look like when constructed.

The limb parts are thinner/more slender, and I think longer unless they fit together in some way that I couldn't imagine when I saw them on the frames. The design of the individual pieces 'felt' different; slightly more elegant and lethal - but not so different that I couldn't immediately recognise what it was.

I'm certain I saw a gun, and there were some cool claw parts. There was also something else that I barely saw because I was just looking at the body sections.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...