Just recently I finished Gav Thorpe's novel, the Path of the Warrior. Yea, I know the book has been out for a while, it just takes me a little time to get the books in order to read them. To start with, the Path of the Warrior is a good read, and the artwork is done by one of my new favorite artist Neil Roberts.

The book takes place on the Alaitoc craftworld, where an artist is confronted with an emotional toll and looks for answers down the path of the warrior. As you can gather from the artwork, he joins the elite ranks of the Striking Scorpions and attempts to deal with his overwhelming emotions of hate and violence.

It took me 3 days to read the book. While for me it started off really slow, I was at least entertained with the infinity circuit and they ways of eldar society on a craftworld. However, the inner details of how the primary character was acting and what he was thinking was repeated far too many times during the first part of the book. I kept feeling like the author was beating me over the head with it, or treating me like an imbecile to make a point.

Other points are that the book's main character is extremly predictable, almost fatalistic. In this case I was interested in the details of what was about to happen, and was hoping til the end to be suprised. I wasnt.

I keep talking about the negatives, however, I did enjoy the book. I enjoyed reading about the inner workings of Eldar society, and how eldar deal with their given paths striving to never be consumed by Slaanesh. There was the suprise Dark Eldar appearance, which I will not go into details.

I definetly suggest the book, especially if you are interested in eldar, be it craftworld or dark. It is a short read, interesting, and you get to learn quite abit about the different paths of the Craftworld Eldar.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...